Saturday, February 16, 2019

Parmesan Garlic Italian chicken

My oldest wanted Italian chicken ... But I didn't have the exact stuff I would normally use, so I used what I had (link below) and he doesn't like it, but I sure do! This chicken and the gravy it produced is so good I could put it over basically anything... Biscuits, toast, mashed potatoes... It's wonderful...

What I did:
★ 1 cup water and the trivet (that came with my Instant pot) in the IP liner
★ 3 (large) frozen chicken breasts in a stainless steel 5qt PIP bowl
★ Poured the bottle of garlic parmesan Italian vinaigrette over it, so all exposed sides had been in contact with the vinaigrette. Then pressurized under the "meat/stew" button for 10+10 NPR.
★ After the first set of 10+10, I sliced it against the grain and put the sliced meat back into the bowl, pushing it down under the sauce and re-pressurized for 20+20 NPR.

** If I had cooked just one breast at a time, or had used racks to keep them from touching each other, the 10+10 NPR would've been effective to get them cooked thoroughly.

No comments:

Post a Comment