Thursday, May 23, 2019

Instant Pot Omelet w/ sausage & cheese

Good morning!

After the storm we had last night, this morning was the morning for something quick, easy and healthy (according to my diabetic carb points booklet from the hospital).

So, after some perusing the internet as well as the booklet, and my phone app, I compiled some of the "egg bite" recipes into one that suited me and away we went!  However, I'm too lazy to divide it all out into those little cups, so it became one giant egg bite!  And it tastes really really good!! So, while my photography skill is lacking big time, just imagine the best omelet you've ever tasted and there you have it!


  • 2 eggs, beaten
  • 1/4 cup half & half
  • 4oz Jimmy Dean Original ground sausage
  • 1/4 cup cheddar, mozzarella & Parmesan cheeses, shredded
  • A sprinkling (1/8-1/4 tsp) of: 
    • black pepper
    • garlic
    • onion
    • Old Bay original
    • dried chives
  1. I put the sausage into the IP first, letting it cook the juices and fat out in the stainless steel bowl.  Cook time was 10 minutes + QR.  
  2. While that was cooking, I beat the eggs, half & half, and seasonings together.
  3. When the sausage was finished and pressure was out, I drained the grease off the sausage patty and chopped it all up.  
  4. Next I poured the beaten eggs over the sausage and stirred a little bit to make sure it was coated in the egg.
  5. Finally I sprinkled all of the different kinds of shredded cheeses over the top.
  6. Placing the trivet into the IP, (the food on top of the trivet) with cold water in the bottom, I set the cook time for 8 minutes and walked away for awhile.  I quick released the pressure and bon appetite!  'Twas yummy! If I do say so myself!  Best of all?  It stayed well within my allowed carbs for this meal!
Nutrition facts:
Calories:  754 kcal
Protein:  49.95 grams
Fat (total): 58.43 grams
Carbohydrates:  8.88 grams

No comments:

Post a Comment