Friday, April 25, 2014

Experimentation sourdough bread

I was informed I had to either put the starter in the frig, or use it up.  As it so happens, I've done neither of those options.  :-P  But I did make another batch of bread, and it may be just the fact I've made about 4 batches in the last several days, but I think perhaps I'm beginning to get the hang of this!!  :-D

I ended up doing an total all-purpose batch, because I was tired of the whole wheat problems, and being that I knew the all-purpose would result in semi-"normal" bread, I chose to go that route.  What I did not do normally, is adding Italian spices, garlic, butter, eggs, cheese and extra yeast.

The resulting bread, was very yummy although VERY risen.  It was twice as tall as the bread pan before it was over...

I cut it all up and used it for garlic bread this morning, and fed it to Matt.  He was very pleased.  So for the the bread'itarian to agree that it was good, I think we had a winner last night.  And being that it actually turned out, it helped with my ego a bit...  I was getting discouraged...

No comments:

Post a Comment