Monday, April 28, 2014

New Rinkle Flour & Sourdough Products

Those of you who have been following my food posts, know that I've been experimenting with sourdough starter.  Today is no different.  These are the items made today using the sourdough starter, and since all of them included New Rinkle Flour products (in the sourdough starter & else where), I thought I would throw a plug in there for my neighbors.


This is a double chocolate sourdough bunt cake with a butter cream icing and dark chocolate chips over the top.  It tastes amazing.  It was a total experiment, and it turned out so well that my husband has eaten close to half of it at this point.  It's only been on the table for possibly 2-hours at most. I think we have a winner folks! 


An example of what can be done with sourdough pizza dough.  My brother loves pizza almost as much as mac & cheese, and pancakes.  I have said for some time that he is a major "bread'itarian"... But the pizza itself is fabulous, and even my husband, who doesn't like homemade pizza, thinks this recipe is a keeper.



This is an example of what your breads could look like.  The one on the left is without sourdough, using Seal of Minnesota flour, the one on the right is using sourdough and New Rinkle Flour.



**  All the flour products can be purchased here:  http://www.newrinkelflour.com/

**  As all of these recipes are personal "tweeks", I will give out the recipes if people comment that they would like to have them. 

Enjoy your baking!!

Heidi

No comments:

Post a Comment